Now, with the help of Jesper, we managed to build the basic humanoid robot - and it's awesome!
I've coded it to do a few things:
- Whenever the light is on, Mr. Bot will say "Goodmorning" and start walking.
- When the light is turned off he'll say "Goodnight" and stop walking
- When he's 12 cm from an obstacle he'll say "Please" (...move) and stop.
- When he hears a noise (like somebody clapping their hands) he'll look around to see whats going on
- If he's hand-button is pushed he'll greet you with the words "Have a nice day".
My initial idea was to build in some simple learning mechanism (perhaps reinforcement learning) but I havn't gotten around to that yet. So far I'm just blinded by all the possibilities :-)
As handsome as Mr. Bot is now, you better take a good look, cause now he's being taken apart. Jesper suggest a really funny use for the NXT - something that every household needs: So now I'm going to build a machine that can automatically color-sort M&M's - and perhaps send out maydays if Olga comes too close to the candy!