Tuesday, February 6, 2007

New Functionality: Related Articles

Here's one of those small things I've been working on over the weekend.
If you're using IE, you should now be able to see a new widget-like thing in the bottom of the right-hand widgets. It's "Related Codeproject Articles".

The concept I use to get these related articles is somewhat similar to how the "Related Pages" functionality works in the MondoSearch/Sitecore integration - just based on another platform.

I've written a small piece of javascript that extracts the keywords on this page, and then calls a serverside function to perform an MSN Search on the keywords on one my my all time favourite websites, codeproject.

It's still quite experimental so I don't expect it to work in all scenarios - but possibly a few lucky readers will get to enjoy this functionality now :-)

If anyone is interested in more details as to how it's done, drop me a comment - I might be persuaded to share the code...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why, but it seems to be empty all the time..