For some reason it has never quite become the market standard it was supposed to (probably because it's ugly, inefficient and very browser specific) - but it would have been nice with a good alternative to java applets!
I made a quick adaptation of the SudokuSolver from my previus post to see how it would work as an embedded object. This is what I did:
- Made a Windows Forms Library project
- Made a Windows Forms User Control
- Moved the UI from the Sudoku application to the new User Control (as well as the Code Behind)
- Compiled and put on a web-server
- Made a HTML Page that includes it as an embedded object, and put the page on the same webserver (this is important)
<object id="SudokuControl" height="240" width="206"
If you are watching this blog in IE, and you have .NET 2.0 installed, and your security settings is just right, there is a chance that you might actually see the Sudoku Solver here: