Friday, February 16, 2007

Cool Service: FeedJumbler

I love RSS feeds (well and I don't exactly dislike Atom either). But one of the few annoying things about them is that as soon as you have more than 5-10 feeds that you follow daily you'll run into the problem that the feed-viewers will fill up all your available space on your Google start-page (or whatever portal you might be using).
Use a real RSS reader you might say..But I tried that - and it didn't work for me. I have enough applications open on an average day - no need to have one more. And to use Outlook as rss reader sucks, cause my Outlook is always open on the Inbox - not on the feeds.

So, just as I was about to create my own tool for merging several feeds into one I found FeedJumbler. This is a cool site that allows you to quickly setup a merged feed in whatever protocol you prefer.
To try it out I've made a merged feed of some of my regular favorites and put it in the right-hand pane.
If you want to see a list of the feeds (and to have the ability to add this merged feed to your start-page, see it here).

It just goes to proof that sometimes you don't need to invent everything yourself.

No comments: